We are seeking a highly motivated and creative technologist to join our Intangible Realities Laboratory at CiTIUS | Centro Singular de Investigación en Tecnoloxías Intelixentes da USC in Santiago de Compostela, Spain. In this role, you will work closely with our interdisciplinary team of scientists, artists, researchers, and developers to support a wide range of projects at the frontiers of nanoscience, digital art, virtual reality, human-computer interaction, and neuroscience. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background and a passion for creative exploration, with previous experience developing immersive environments using frameworks such as Unity3d, openFrameworks, Processing, Blender, Python, Arduino, and others.
- Work closely with our team of scientists, artists, and developers to develop and implement cutting-edge VR applications, interactive installations, and other immersive environments.
- Collaborate on interdisciplinary projects that push the boundaries of what is possible at the intersection of science, art, and technology.
- Research and implement emerging technologies and tools that enhance our creative workflow.
- Support and train members of the team in technical and creative areas.
- Regular presentations to IRL members to share ideas, outline progress, and solve problems.
- Bachelor's in a relevant field (e.g., Computer Science, Digital Media, Interaction Design, or similar).
- Proven experience developing immersive environments using at least some of the following frameworks: Unity3d, Unreal Engine, openFrameworks, Processing, Blender, Python, Arduino, etc., along with experience using modern software tools like GitHub and relevant IDEs.
- A creative portfolio of compelling aesthetic work demonstrating your passion for this area.
- Ability to learn new technical and software frameworks to carry out creative projects.
- A strong aesthetic sensibility and passion for exploring new creative ideas.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to deal with and prioritise a range of ongoing tasks at the same time, excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Interest in exploring the creative frontiers of science, art, and technology, and ability to work independently towards pre-defined goals.
- Ability to devise, review and deliver complex procedures, maintaining a high level of accuracy and precision in all areas of work.
- Proficient English Speaker.
- Master's degree or PhD in related field (e.g., Computer Science, Digital Media, Interaction Design, or similar).
- Familiarity with 3D scanning/photogrammetry software such as Agisoft Metashape or RealityCapture.
- Knowledge of audio and music production software such as Ableton Live or Logic Pro.
- Experience with hardware prototyping using sensors, microcontrollers, and other electronic components.
- Knowledge of video editing and post-production software such as Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro.
- Familiarity with augmented reality development frameworks such as ARKit or ARCore.
- Experience with graphics frameworks like OpenGL and computer vision libraries like OpenCV.
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure.
- Experience with audio processing and interactive sonification using tools like MaxForLive or OSC.
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques and knowledge of web development frameworks.
- Experience with hardware prototyping using microcontrollers such as Arduino or Raspberry Pi.
- Familiarity with 3D modeling and animation software such as Maya or Cinema 4D.