Unity3d VR Developer
We are seeking a skilled VR Developer to join the Intangible Realities Laboratory in Santiago de Compostela, Spain. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and implementing engaging VR-enabled immersive environments for visualizing and interacting with real-time molecular simulations using Unity3D and modern software development tools (e.g., see <https://tinyurl.com/5esum5jb>; <https://tinyurl.com/2yhfve2m>; <https://tinyurl.com/yc38ndk6>). The ideal candidate will have previous experience developing interactive VR environments and enthusiasm to work collaboratively with a team of interdisciplinary scientists, artists, and developers.
- Develop and maintain immersive VR environments for visualizing the dynamics of interactive real-time molecular simulations.
- Work with our interdisciplinary team to design and implement new features and functionalities in Unity3D.
- Optimize VR-enabled immersive environments to ensure high performance, engaging user experience, and compatibility with the latest hardware and software APIs.
- Conduct research on emerging VR technologies and integrate them into our workflows.
- Regular presentations to IRL members to share ideas, outline progress, and solve problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience developing interactive VR applications using Unity3D.
- Proficiency in C# and experience with modern software development tools such as Visual Studio, Git, and GitHub.
- Strong understanding of 3D graphics and physics concepts.
- Experience with VR hardware such as Oculus, HTC Vive, and Valve Index.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to deal with and prioritise a range of ongoing tasks at the same time.
- Ability to devise, review and deliver complex procedures, and work independently towards pre-defined goals, maintaining a high level of accuracy and precision in all areas of work.
- Proficient English Speaker.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- Familiarity with scientific visualization and data analysis.
- Experience developing graphics shaders.
- Familiarity with 3d modelling tools like Blender.
- Experience with cloud computing and data interchange formats like ProtoBuf.
- Knowledge of machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Familiarity with game audio programming.
- Familiarity with the Rust programming language.